Accountable Security and Compliance
Automate, Manage, and Track All Your Compliance Processes for ANY Industry, Regulatory, or Internal Control Framework
The ASCENT Portal is a comprehensive SaaS-based platform that delivers fingertip access to everything you need to comply with more any control framework. From evergreen security assessments and calendar-driven control task reminders to governance templates and compliant vendor management, ASCENT puts you in control of your security and compliance program, so you remain audit-ready, at all times.
Key ASCENT Portal Benefits:
- Immediate ROI – The value of ASCENT is realized starting day 1 by automating the lifecycle management of security controls, leading to continuous compliance.
- Always Current – ASCENT provides real-time security and compliance status that is always current based on successful management of control requirements of controls tasks becoming overdue.
- Automated Control – ASCENT automates control tasks with calendared reminders and weekly status reporting so control owners and key stakeholders are continuously aware of current security program status as well as any necessary next steps.
- Archived Evidence – ASCENT automatically curates compliance artifacts and evidence, retaining everything in a library from which all evidence can be exported, or to which read-only access can be granted for external review. Evidence is maintained in perpetuity for re-use to satisfy multiple and successive control reviews.
- Single Source of Truth – ASCENT delivers all the necessary functions to manage a complete security program – across assessment, governance, risk, continuity, vendor management, and compliance processes – from a single, cloud-based portal.
- No Installations or Hardware – ASCENT does not require any software installations or hardware investments – ever. It is always ready and securely accessible.
Simplify Compliance Alignment
The ASCENT Portal simplifies the security assessment process with specific assessment questionnaires for any defined framework of controls. Building on your success, the portal simplifies the historically challenging process of staging your compliance program while providing field-proven guidance and real-time insights on your overall security and compliance status.
Assessments & Compliance Benefits:
- Pre-Defined Assessments – ASCENT categorizes and defines the prescribed security controls and compliance requirements for your selected framework.
- No Work Wasted – ASCENT builds on your success by maintaining a complete history of your security and compliance program – regardless of how many frameworks you may use.
- Dashboard Views – ASCENT delivers graphical representations of your current compliance state, in real time, so you can monitor your risk current score along with monthly trends and cumulative control status.
- Calendared Tasks – ASCENT pre-populates compliance tasks that align to your selected control framework with defined due dates and email reminders so required actions are performed timely versus being neglected until heroic actions are required.
- Task Owner Views – ASCENT provides individual control owners insight into tasks specifically assigned to them so they can manage their own assignments, manage their timeline, and ensure completion.
Support Adoption of Regulatory Controls and Industry Best Practices
The ASCENT Portal delivers all of the policies, plans, and procedures organizations need to effectively communicate security control requirements. Governance documents are customizable, developed specifically for each selected framework, and benchmarked to help support compliance requirements. Proving compliance is easy with ASCENT evidence collection, read-only auditor access, and evidence export functionality
- Customizable Governance Documents – Leverage field-proven policies, plans, and procedures and customize them to suit the needs of your organization.
- Simplified Remediation – Stay on track using ASCENT’s pre-populated recommendations for compliance remediation and corrective actions for each control.
- Sample Artifacts – Improve your compliance evidence and artifacts with control-specific artifact examples for every framework control.
- Compliant Retention Library – Curate your evidence artifacts for use across multiple and successive controls reviews – never start from scratch again with a new compliance year or assessment.
- Painless Audits – Using the ASCENT artifact library, auditors can have read-only access or full exports of compliance evidence and artifacts.
Prepare for the Unknown with Confidence
With ASCENT Portal, you have a comprehensive solution for business continuity. Robust tools offer business continuity and disaster recovery plan templates, contingency planning guidance, and business impact analysis so you can ensure that you not only meet compliance requirements for planning, but support your business with operational resilience in the event of an unexpected outage event.
Business Continuity Benefits:
- Customizable BC/DR Plans – Access world-class continuity and recovery plan templates to customize the action plan that keeps your business prepared.
- Analyze Risk and Impact – ASCENT provides valuable tools to support your contingency planning based on operational importance and sensitivity risk.
- Proactive Remediation – ASCENT will outline key remediation steps needed to prevent risk exposure in the event of disaster or cyberattack.
- Prescribed Actions – ASCENT business continuity planning prescribes action plans for call trees, test scripts, test reporting, event reports and more.
- Outage Proof – ASCENT is a cloud-based solution so critical business continuity documents are always available to authorized users even when local outages occur.
Ensure Vendors and Suppliers Comply with Requirements
Perform your vendor due diligence and supply chain risk management with seamless efficiency. The ASCENT Portal provides dedicated links for vendor due diligence questionnaires to be completed directly in the portal, minimizing tedious staff management and coordination actions.
Vendor Management Benefits:
- Preliminary Assessments – Categorize vendors and suppliers based on the risk ranking resulting from a preliminary assessment.
- Simplified Due Diligence – Due diligence questionnaires are automated, with links being sent to vendors and suppliers for completion directly in the portal. No more spreadsheets!
- On-Demand Reporting – Individual and overall due diligence reports can be generated on demand for a quick view of vendor and supplier compliance or need for remediation actions.
- Contract Management – Seamlessly manage vendor contracts including contract renewals, auto-renewals, and the required data to submit notice of intent to terminate contracts.
- Vendor Notification – Notify vendors of non-compliance via email with links for completing remediation updates to be made directly in the portal.
Prep Employees to be Your First Line of Defense
Defend your organization with employees that are trained on security best practices and industry requirements for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information, systems, and other assets. ASCENT delivers a training program with simplified management for annual, new hire, and role-based training.
Security Awareness Training Benefits:
- Recurring Awareness Training – Deliver recurring security training for all personnel throughout your organization to spot security breaches, protect sensitive data, and use technology best practices to keep cyberthreats at bay.
- New Hire Training – Provide required training for new hires as they are onboarded or within their first 30 days of being hired.
- Functional Role-Based Training – Provide training for specific roles such as incident response team members, personnel responsible for business continuity, IT Administrators, HR personnel, and Executive Leadership.
- Training Reports – Ensure employees complete required training programs with reporting that ensures your organization has prepped employees to remain knowledgeable and vigilant.